Friday, November 22, 2013

Country-specific Blogspot URL may affect your earnings - and other things too

This week, Blogger announced they are redirecting blogspot.Com blogs to nation state individual URLs.

This way to facilitate what time someone in India looks next to http://blogger-hints-and-tips.Blogspot.Com/, they will in reality be directed to http://blogger-hints-and-tips.Blogspot.In - and similarly representing other countries, so far I know it's been useful to Australia and New Zealand too.

This is likely to own affects on other products:

AdSense:

If you own protected your AdSense ID from malicious consume (and really, you must if you thought around it), followed by you will discovery a quantity of modern entries in your unauthorised sites roll:   I truly went into mine and authorised

  •     Blogger-hints-and-tips.Blogspot.Com.Au
  •     Blogger-hints-and-tips.Blogspot.In
  •     Blogger-hints-and-tips.Blogspot.Co.Nz

And I expect to be responsibility a quantity of more as it rolls improbable foster. 

If I didn't look after this, followed by several advertising "clicks" from fill with visiting via country-specific-URLs won't be counted.

(Interestingly, I tried using the authorise link beside the unauthorized relatives on the Home > Account settings bleep.   It held it worked, but persons sites weren't in reality added to my authorized roll.  I had to add them to the Authorized roll and click Save myself.)

Analytics:

I'm not convinced yet if this has an blow on statistics gathered with Analytics.   Maybe not - my overall visitor figures aren't down, and the Visitors > Map superimpose tool shows to facilitate I've had 79 visits from India at the moment. 

I look after own a quantity of more checks in mind, but these will take a while to look after - explanation from everybody who has  investigated are very delightful.

3rd merrymaking statistics junk mail:

I don't know representing convinced, but would be surprised if this doesn't affect the stats gathered by SiteMeter, StatCounter, et al - next to slightest in the terse word.

Search

Nitecruzr has explained how Blogger's consume of a canonical statement makes convinced to facilitate the search engines single file our blogs under solitary attend to.

The way to check to facilitate you've got a canonical statement in your guide is to

  1.     View the blog itself  (ie not the guide, and not the posts)    - eg I looked next to www.Blogger-hints-and-tips.Blogspot.Com in my browser, while I was logged sour of Blogger.   
  2.  Look next to the source code   (in Chrome, I comprehend to it through the "wrench" in the top justification corner, followed by Tools > View Source - or by using Ctrl / u)    
  3. Check to facilitate this line is presentation somewhere:        <link href='http://yourURL.Blogspot.Com' rel='canonical'/>

If to facilitate line isn't in your source code, followed by the quickest set-up is to either revolution to a newer guide, or edit your guide and add it truly underneath the <head> statement.

That's all I can think of representing promptly ... But I own a intuition there's more.    Bidding pole again if I discovery more issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment