Tuesday, November 26, 2013

It's annual performance review time - how did Blogger-HAT do in 2011?

This article is an review of Blogger Hint and Tips's performance in 2011, and includes a some statistics, and plans for 2012.

2011, the year in review 


Most jobs own an once a year performance reconsideration.   Done well, this is a good fortune to look back next to come again? You've acheived, come again? Worked and come again? Didn't, come again? You own learned, come again? You need to gain knowledge of, and come again? You would like to pull off then day.

So it makes get the impression representing a blog to own an once a year reconsideration too.   Here's mine.

Thanks to BloggerSentral, whose 2011 Statistics pole inspired me to put pen to paper this.

The figures

The tools don't tell me come again? The subscriber figures were in 2010, but next to the top of December 2011, Blogger-HAT had

  •     419 Feedburner subscribers, of whom,
  •     103 are email subscribers (79 functioning, 24 pending verification).
  •     259 followers in Google Friend Connect
  •     58 Facebook fans
  •     55 Followers in Twitter
  •     7 fill with who had added BloggerHAT's Google+ bleep to a clique
    199 posts:  You're recital the 200th justification promptly.  This can would own been senior, but I deleted a quantity of particularly useless ones at some point in the day - distinguish Achievements.
Traffic:

The number of visits per month per month:

Conclusion: traffic grew pretty steadily through the year:


Top traffic sources:

Source:
#Visits
%Total
Google / organic (ie search results)7935157%
Google.com / referral (ie Help Forum)4109229%
Direct126069%
Google.XXX (search from various countries own Google sites)30962%
Blogger.com / referral8271%
Feedburner / feed7181%
Search / organic3970%
Google translation2800%
Email1910%
Facebook.com1540%
Swagbucks.com / referral1000%
Ask / organic870%
Aol / organic760%
Feedburner / email670%
Too-clever-by-half.blogspot.com / referral580%
Yahoo / organic (ie search results)580%
Conclusions:
    This blog is very dependent on Google, and gets almost rejection "Binhoo" traffic (ie from other search engines) - I'd be vexed, apart from to facilitate it's reasonable to facilitate for the most part Blogger users will consume Google to search.
    Almost third traffic comes from questions I answer on Blogger-help-form:  This is worth responsibility.
    BHAT is initial to comprehend relatives from a range of other sites: This is probably something to handiwork on.

The for the most part admired posts were rejection stagger - you can distinguish them in the widget on the sidebar.

The bounce-rate is quite high spot, though (between 55 and 70%) - and it's been increasing steadily.   This is probably something to handiwork on, it may well be interrelated to the total of articles to facilitate need updating representing the Sept-2011 interface revolution.

Screen end

People keep aphorism to facilitate this matters, and to facilitate we need to design representing lesser screens.   And personally I've been using a Netbook a lot in life recently, since it's truly so portable.    But it doesn't look like Blogger-HAT visitors are working like to facilitate:

Screen Width (px)% of total visits
Less than 320 wide0.33%
300 - 767 wide0.76%
768 - 1023 wide1.56%
1024 - 1151 wide15.62%
1152 - 1278 wide1.86%
1280 + wide79.88%
Grand Total100.00%


Conclusion:

Mobile phone may well be "hot" - but small screen aren't being used what time fill with would like in sequence around how to consume Blogger.   Personally, I'm selection to facilitate for the most part of my 80% of visitors using spacious screens look after own small screen strategy - they truly consume them representing discrete things.

Achievements:

The large victory of the day was a re-write larger than all single pole:  At some point in 2011, all pole in Blogger-HAT was reviewed:  The format was standardised, and the contents reviewed.   For many articles, this destined a complete re-write, or splitting solitary pole into 3 or 4 lesser topics. This process happening in much-lamented April, and to finish finished on 31 December with a out-and-out re-write of Combining a forwarding-address and mail2Post, so you know who posted come again?.

This is furthermore the day what time I happening to take social media earnestly:  Blogger-HAT's commotion at hand is still small (I'd sooner focus stage on researching modern content), but growing.

Plans representing 2012:

I'm truly around to launch Blogger-HAT-Lite wherever I can share quick but unresearched comments around announcements form other products to facilitate may well affect Blogger users.

Updating existing articles to include "new blogger interface" info is a large priority.   Anything tagged   YY - needs Sept11 reconsideration  still needs to be complete.   Right promptly, that's 149 articles.

I think to facilitate customizing mobile and dynamic templates will be a stormy subject matter in 2012 - although very niche-specific.  I'd love to investigate this, but not convinced if I'll comprehend stage to handiwork on it.  But I noticed recently to facilitate  Southern Speakers has been responsibility a respectable total of posts around how to revise dynamic guide blogs using CSS, so maybe I won't disturb.

Lastly, I've happening a further blog to facilitate involves cataloging tune and song books on a very individual subject matter.   Blogger is a fantastic vile representing sharing this material, especially the "detailed song information" behind it.   But I'm  building the content representing a detailed file, and maybe I'll be looking representing a tool to facilitate lets visitors call   structured file queries (not truly searches) and followed by shows effect sets inside posts.   Any hints on options representing this are delightful.

What look after you think?

At the top of for the most part once a year reviews, the boss looks larger than his/her glasses and says "Overall, I'm place your performance as <whatever>" representing the year".

I'm a morsel terse of bosses in this "job" - but would love to hear how Blogger-HAT can look after a better job in 2012.   You know wherever to discovery the comments-box, truly under the page-links section, so please give permission me hear your judgment.

5 comments:

  1. You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found a lot of people will go along with your site.

    Solution21 Best Company For : Dental Online Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your organic traffic is just awesome, You are getting enough traffic form search engine to grow your website.

    OPTIMIZED360 No.1 Dental Website Design Company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really worth to read all info, thanks allot. I already bookmarked this great website.

    Medical Documentation Improvement Program by ChartWise 2.0

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate DR AKHIGBE,my name is LAURIE HUGHES . I will never stop testifying DR AKHIGBE , Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HIV virus again. DR AKHIGBE did it for me I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HIV) for the past 2 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one place to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I saw a testimony on how DR AKHIGBE helped someone in curing his HIV disease in internet quickly I copied his email which is drrealakhigbe@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days, after using the herbal cure and i did, behold I was free from the deadly disease,till now no HIV in me again he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now,all the testimony of DR AKHIGBE is true please BROTHER and SISTER, MOTHER and FATHER he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or you can whatsApp his mobile number on +2348142454860 He can also cure these diseases like HIVand AIDS HERPES,DIABETICES,CANCER, HEPATITIS B ABC, .ETC .please email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com...or whatAPP him ..+2348142454860 he is a real good and honest man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Triund Trek Dharamshala, Triund Triund Trek in August and Triund Trek in September and Triund Weather and Triund Temperature and Triund Trek booking and Triund Trek booking the trek to the most attractive destination of Dharamshala is a pure retreat that can be enjoyed on weekends. It gives astonishing views of the Dhauladhar mountain range. The campsite is situated atop the hill overlooking the Kangra Valley. The trek will start from the majestic town of McLeodganj Triund Trek and Camping in Bhimtal Trek Himachal Pradesh Dharamkot Gallu Devi and Triund Trek and Camping in Nainital and Hotels in Dharamshala and Camping in Pangot and Camping in Mukteshwar and Triund Trek and Triund Trek and Camping in Pangot and Kheerganga Trek

    ReplyDelete