Friday, November 8, 2013

Styles on Blogger's post-editor menu bar

This article shows how the styles that can be applied in Blogger's style-bar look.

What do these styles do. 


By Vishraval (Own work) [Public domain],
via Wikimedia Commons
This week, lacking one announcements so as to I've seen, Blogger added a form drop-down to the menu ban.

I noticed it at the outset on Thursday night (UCT) and allow since fixed so as to it's in both the new-fangled and old interfaces.

This small-but-important amend makes it a batch easier to add SEO friendly "tags" to your blogger content.

If you service the "header" form on a little text, the HTML behind the position says
    <h2>Some text</h2>

And "all" the SEO-gurus say so as to using H2's suitably is imperative to rank well in search results.

However using these tags, by inserting them myself, is something I tried to act in the onwards, but gave up on as of issues with how  my posts looked in RSS-feed-readers and plus in support of email-subscribers.

So I'm very interested to comprehend how they product, and how they look in support of my readers.   And this position is a way to attain not worth it.

What do they look like?

The course beyond this clause is ready in my usual way, applying the chief size and bold to the text.   And this is a little more text to turn into the clause look fuller, so I can progress a better notion of could you repeat that? The headings look like.

The menu-bar in the position editor at the moment looks like this:
blogger post-editor menu bar in the new interface, highlighting the new Style drop-down menu option

This is a heading

The course beyond this clause is ready with the "heading style".   Modish the post-editor, it makes the course look like it's in "larger", ie not chief, with a little further padding beyond and under it.

Notice so as to it has the same formatting as my doohickey headers and post-date. I don't like this by the side of all - am waiting to comprehend if it's something so as to Blogger changes (or maybe has already untouched, but can't apply to my blog as I've edited the stencil a lot), or whether I need to product not worth it how to assign another styles to them myself.

And this is a little more text to turn into the clause look fuller, so I can progress a better notion of could you repeat that? The headings look like.And this is a little more text to turn into the clause look fuller, so I can progress a better notion of could you repeat that? The headings look like.  And this is a little more text to turn into the clause look fuller, so I can progress a better notion of could you repeat that? The headings look like.

This is a sub-heading

The course beyond this clause is ready with the "sub-heading style".   Modish the post-editor, it makes the course look like it's in "larger", ie not chief, with a little further padding beyond and under it.

And this is a little more text to turn into the clause look fuller, so I can progress a better notion of could you repeat that? The headings look like.

And this is a little more text to turn into the clause look fuller, so I can progress a better notion of could you repeat that? The headings look like.  And this is a little more text to turn into the clause look fuller, so I can progress a better notion of could you repeat that? The headings look like.

The course under this clause is ready with the "minor style".   Modish the post-editor, it makes the course look like it's bold, again with a little further padding beyond and under it.

This is a minor heading

  • And this is some more text to make the paragraph look fuller, so I can get a better idea of what the headings look like.
  • And this is some more text to make the paragraph look fuller, so I can get a better idea of what the headings look like.  
  • And this is some more text to make the paragraph look fuller, so I can get a better idea of what the headings look like.


What your readers see:

That's could you repeat that? I'm difficult to attain not worth it!

I accepted wisdom almost burden all this in a a test blog - anywhere I would allow desirable to calibrate up an RSS feed and an email subscription and the like.   But so as to was a batch of product, and I figured so as to a little of my readers might be interested in the results too.

I'll be looking by the side of this position in my own email and in Google Reader.   But if you allow one criticism on how they look in other feedreaders, I'm very finely honed to hear how they worked.    Ditto if you are impression this through one kind of assistive-technology software or screen person who reads.
Why have Google done this?

Since the new-fangled privacy plan was introduced, there's been a small-but-noticeable move towards other search engines.    Modish my blog-statistics, visitor traffic is appearance from a wider range of spaces.    There's nix single winner getting a batch of alternative traffic - and I certainly haven't seen more visitor from Bing or Yahoo!    But I suspect so as to Google allow categorical so as to a little small piece of product to turn into our blogs more Google-SEO friendly would be a fine notion.

What's why they announced the various options in support of "customising your search preferences" (which are nothing to act with your search preferences, and everything to act with how your blog looks in Google search results whilst other frequent search.

And I think it's why they've slipped in the form ban, while all the blogger helpers are active difficult to understand the implications of the search-preference amend.

No comments:

Post a Comment