Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Creative Kit photo editor works in Google+, if not in Picasa

This Quick-Tip is about using the Creative Kit, which has been giving me grief recently when I tried to use it from Picasa-web-albums.

For ages, I've occasionally used the photo-editor in Picasa-web-albums (the online version of Picasa) to edit photos so as to I've already uploaded, and care for to amend lacking changing the URL.   This editor was originally Picnik - until Google sold so as to upshot and replaced it with Creative Kit a while in the past.
This has on occasion been slow down, which was irritating, but I deposit up with it as it was precisely so effective.

But recently it stopped working thoroughly:  It would load, the progress-bar would progress almost half-way along the screen, and afterward hang, with a message:

    We noticed Picnik is loading unhurriedly. It’s doable waiting

    Might solve this put out. If you’re still having fault:

    [t1]   Click in support of Assistance»

Waiting in no way solved the difficult in support of me (trust me, I tried), so eventually I tried the help-link, which went to this Picnik help summon.

After following lots of the advice, I to conclude found this valuable line in the Adope Flash Player re-installation advice:

    If you are using the Google Chrome browser, Adobe® Flash® Player is built-in but has been disabled. To enable Flash Player, keep to the steps in this TechNote

Which sounded hopeful - it's simply recently so as to I've switched to service Chrome all the instant, so maybe this was the difficult.   But it didn't help - despite could you repeat that? They thought, Flash was enabled in my setup.

Eventually, it occurred to me so as to since I allow a Google Plus profile, my albums are at the moment easy to use via the Plus interface too.   So I went nearby, chose Photos, found the autograph album, opened a photo, chose creative kit ... Held my breath in support of a only some seconds ... And the editor opened up and worked nicely.

I'd still like to progress this working from Picasa, as it precisely looks so much nicer from the small screen so as to I service a batch of the instant.   Suggestions are very meet!

PS   Thanks to Hardeep of Widget trade who used the picture so as to I'd made as the thumbnail picture in support of How to Edit Your Blogger Template in single of his articles, and in this fashion inspired me to start putting my own surname on top of the image library I turn into.

No comments:

Post a Comment