Monday, October 14, 2013

Pinterest Twitter friend notification email messages



quick-tips logo
A while in the past, Pinterest distant the need to application an challenge to sign up:  You can at the moment set out to www.Pinterest.Com and register without delay.

It at the moment looks like nearby are three options in support of signing up:
  •     Using your Facebook story
  •     Using your Twitter story
  •     Using an email take in hand.

(However I can't confirm so as to the email take in hand workings or not - it didn't the keep up instant I tried.)

Now, if you sign up via Twitter, there'a a question by the side of the finish off of the registration process almost whether you care for your Twitter followers to be notified so as to you've coupled Pinterest.  I'm pretty certain so as to this wasn't nearby the keep up instant I signed up in support of a Pinterest story using a Twitter story.   But I ticked it - expecting so as to frequent might progress a little type of notification inside Pinterest.

However could you repeat that? Truly happens is so as to an email message is sent to the email story of one Twitter followers who are already on Pinterest, decisive them so as to you allow precisely coupled and attractive them to "make you welcome" - presumably by following you on Pinterest too.




The message reads
"Hi <<recipient's Twitter account name>>
Your Twitter friend <<your Twitter account name>> just joined Pinterest.   Help welcome <<your Pinterest account name>> to the community."

I'm comparatively certain so as to the message is simply sent to Twitter followers who are already registered in Pinterest themselves - not all your Twitter followers.

But I was a little surprised by this.

Sending an email is a little more all-encompassing than I'd projected (and maybe shows so as to Pinterest is looking to act things with the linking data it collected whilst forcing us to sign up via our existing Twitter or Facebook accounts)####

Really I don't expect my Twitter followers to be following me on Pinterest.   I'm looking in support of a another target audience on Pinterest, not more of the same frequent who are following me already.

And I'm a little anxious so as to Twitter followers might think I've spammed them by decisive them so as to I've coupled Pinterest.


No comments:

Post a Comment